Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

Two Players Die At Chess Tournament!!

   A major international chess tournament has had two players that have had a sudden death. Kurt Meier from Switzerland suffered a heart attack while a competitor from the Uzbekistan team was found dead in his hotel room. Those two deaths have been caused by natural causes. The tournament had 1,800 players from 174 countries from all over the world. China won the men’s title and Russia won the women’s title. An Australian chess champion was forced to retire from the sport in 2007 because he had a lot of stress and and it could cause him health problems.

   When I saw this on Kiwi Kids News I was shocked, first I thought how can people die from this kind of sport but when I read it it was clear to me that it was caused by stress playing the game and them being too focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.